Mixed choir, is a member Union of Czech choirs (UČPS)
If you have the urge and the time, come and sing with us
we are taking on new members, singers in all voice categories.
Entrance tests take place from September to June, every Monday and Thursday from 6 p.m. in the Big Hall (entrance from Masaryk´s quay).
The exact date of an interview can be arranged with the choirmaster.
Roman Z. Novák, phone +420 774 376 551
or e-mail: email@example.com
Short from story:
- one of oldest Czech choirs, found year 1861
- the first leaders of the choir were Karel Bendl and Bedřich Smetana
- in 1903, construction started on its own building on the bank of the River Vltava in a quintessential Art Noveau style with wall paintings by Alfons Mucha
- the choir worked together with prominent Czech orchestras, the radio and television during the 20th century
- in 1957, the choir formed its own orchestra but it later had to be dissolved after 1973 due to high financial costs
- international cooperation was strengthened after the “Velvet Revolution” in 1989
- there are currently 60 active members, with the average age of 38 years
- in 2001,
Roman Z. Novák
(*1967), became regens chori and under his leadership the repertoire, so far mostly Czech, has been enriched and become international featuring modern genres
- since 2006 she has been working as the assistant choirmistress
- concerts are held on regular basis in its own building (such as advent singing, Christmas concerts), also in cooperation with Art-n